Monday, September 10, 2012

the beginning

Hello, I'm a 26 year old living in Melbourne, working in the CBD and dabbling in a few other things (e.g., bloggingtweeting). Oh and I'm trying to change my life.

About a month ago, after a fairly intense period at work, I realised that my life wasn't particularly balanced. I was prepared to dedicate 110% of myself to work and yet I wasn't doing the same for other areas of my life - especially my health and fitness. In fact, throughout my life I have often devoted most of myself to one or two areas and completely neglected the rest.

I might have indulged in a tad too much on alcohol in the past

This is also not the first time I have focused on my fitness. In my childhood, up 'til I was 21 really, I was a very dedicated sportswoman. Two years ago I ran in the Run Melbourne 10km event - I actually did it. But during all that time I was focusing on my fitness rather than my health and well-being.

Can you spot me?

This time I'm taking a more holistic approach. I'm hoping to be a healthier, fitter, friendly, happier version of myself. A good daughter, partner, employee and friend. I will take pride in what I eat, how I look and how I act. It has been easy to say "I don't care", but I should care - this is my life, this is me.

Self explanatory really

So before I start preaching and singing Gospel (it is so easy to get carried away), here are my goals...
  • Lose 20kg (while I don't like to focus on weight, this is a bit of a necessity)
  • Run 3km comfortably
  • Participate in gym classes with ease (this is both a physical and psychological battle)
  • Reduce the portion sizes of my lunch and dinner
  • Eat breakfast!
  • Get my car serviced (it might not seem relevant, but it is part of me being devoted to every area of my life)
  • Feel comfortable in bathers (please note I have written 'feel comfortable', I know I'm no Miranda Kerr)
  • Change the way I think - I want to think fit and healthy

And yes, I am writing a blog about finding the right balance in life and a blog about dining out. I'm hoping to keep both blogs alive and that my new-found balance will give my food blog a healthy twist.


- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment